Why all the research and writing effort if the results end up in the bottom of your drawer? Do you instead want to spread the word and inspire others with your ideas and findings? Wouldn’t it be great to share your research with people from other faculties and contribute to an interdisciplinary knowledge exchange? In fact, science communication and, thus, the ability to present research outcomes in layman’s terms has become increasingly more important these days. Not only your peers but also a more general readership is interested in objective scientific knowledge. Write about YOUR topic and feed the blog with content to attract attention and inspire others with your science!
What we expect from you:
- A popular science text about a topic that you are profoundly engaged with (e.g. research results, study projects, bachelor or master theses)
- Between 700 and 1200 words
- (If possible) at least one image or graphic (it is required that you have the right to publish them or that you obtain approval. If not from your own resources, images and graphics must be correctly cited.)
- If applicable, the publication of your project needs to be discussed with and approved by your supervisor and/or other involved people
Our support for you:
- We provide you with material on “how to write a popular science article” via Stud.IP
- We offer coaching sessions to discuss potential topics for a popular science article, support you during the writing progress, and answer any question you might have.
Did we spark your interest?
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your subject and ideas for a popular science article.
- We will respond promptly to discuss further steps and if applicable to invite you to a coaching session or editorial meeting.
- Sign up for the course “Science Blogging” on Stud.IP and get access to our material collection and event updates.
You want to do more than writing?
If you are interested in joining the Science Blog editorial team, check out our “About us” sections or write an email to email@example.com.