The international summer school “Learner Corpus Research – Theory and applications” was held from August 27th to 31st 2018 at the University of Bremen, organised by members of the faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies under the aegis of the Learner Corpus Association.
22 researchers from 13 different countries received an introduction to the field of Learner Corpus Research through a series of overview lectures and hands-on sessions. The following topics were covered:
- an overview of the field of LCR and its resources
- learner corpus methodology and annotation
- basic and advanced statistics for the analysis of learner corpus data
- combining learner corpora with other data types in SLA research
- learner corpora and language testing and assessment
- learner corpora and language teaching
We would like to thank our dynamic and eager group of participants for attending the summer school and the international team of leading experts in the field for coming to Bremen to teach and provide the students with advice in individual sessions.
Some impressions of the event can be found in the picture gallery below.